- Open the Exhibits manager
- Click an exhibit to translate
- In the exhibit editor, click Details in the top menu
- Under the "Translations" section click Add
- Choose a language from the menu and click Add
- Enter translations for each title, description and caption, as necessary
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save
- Click Preview to open a preview of the translated exhibit
- If necessary, add another language by clicking Add and repeat steps 5 to 8
Translations must be provided one language at a time.
Once your translations are complete and correct:
- Check the "Translation approved (ready to publish)" box above the translated content
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each translation to be published
- Return to the exhibit editor
Since translations are treated as any other change made to an exhibit, you must also click Complete draft . Only then will changes, including your approved translations, become visible publicly.
Learn also how to translate other content such as item details (metadata) and website information.