Provide translations for exhibit titles, captions, and sections
- Open the Exhibits manager
- Click an exhibit to translate
- In the exhibit editor, click Details in the top menu
- Under the "Translations" section click Add
- Choose a language from the menu and click Add
- Enter translations for each title, description and caption, as necessary
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save
- Click Preview to open a preview of the translated exhibit
- If necessary, add another language by clicking Add and repeat steps 5 to 8
Translations must be provided one language at a time.
Viewers will see text in the language configured in their browser settings. If you have not provided a translation for the user's language then they will see text in the primary language used in your account.
Once your translations are complete and correct:
- Check the "Translation approved (ready to publish)" box above the translated content
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each translation to be published
- Return to the exhibit editor
Since translations are treated as any other change made to an exhibit, you must also click Complete draft . Only then will changes, including your approved translations, become visible publicly.
If you've followed the steps above, but the Complete draft button does not appear, try reloading the exhibit editor.
Learn also how to translate other content such as item details (metadata) and website information.