Translate exhibit content
Provide translations for exhibit titles, captions, and sections
- Open the Exhibits manager
- Click an exhibit to translate
- In the exhibit editor, click Details in the top menu
- Under the "Translations" section click Add
- Choose a language from the menu and click Add
- Enter translations for each title, description and caption, as necessary
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save
- Click Preview to open a preview of the translated exhibit
- If necessary, add another language by clicking Add and repeat steps 5 to 8
Translations must be provided one language at a time.
Once your translations are complete and correct:
- Check the "Translation approved (ready to publish)" box above the translated content
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each translation to be published
- Return to the exhibit editor
Since translations are treated as any other change made to an exhibit, you must also click Mark as complete or Complete draft (if editing an already published exhibit). Only then will changes, including your approved translations, become visible publicly.
Learn also how to translate other content such as item details (metadata) and website information.