Choose how items appear within your exhibit
Each panel in an exhibit may be presented in one of two ways:
- Simple: displays the item between others as viewers scroll through your exhibit, similar to how artworks would be displayed on a gallery wall; this is the default option. In a horizontal exhibit the item will appear with the caption to the right of the image. In a vertical exhibit the caption will appear below.
- Immersive: fills the screen with the image. In a horizontal exhibit the caption will overlay the image in the corner, and in a vertical exhibit it will appear below the image. This option also allows you to create a "guided zoom" in a horizontal exhibit.
Note: our layouts are optimized for any given screen layout, so this may change the way your exhibit is displayed on mobile devices.
Select a layout option
To select which layout option to use:
- Click Edit beneath any panel when using the exhibit editor
- In the panel editor, select the layout option using the layout selection toggle
- The next panel you create will use the same layout option by default
You can mix simple and immersive panels in the same exhibit, take a look at our tutorial exhibit to see examples of each option.