After creating a site, use the Website page to change its style, layout, and other options. The preview of your site will automatically update as you make changes, however changes will not be visible publicly until you click Save.
Expand the sections below for instructions on each customization:Header
Modify the header shown at the top of your site. Add a title and logo, then choose a font and colours.
Write an introduction paragraph about your gallery or project. This short paragraph will be displayed on your site's homepage; it cannot exceed 280 characters.
Create an "About page" if you can't capture everything in your introduction paragraph.
To include a video on your "About page", just enter a YouTube video ID in the "Include a YouTube video" field. For example, if the YouTube video URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TxebxUD54, the ID would be: q-TxebxUD54
Up to five links can be added to your site's header. Short link text is recommended to ensure everything will fit. To add a link:
- Enter the text to display in the Link text field
- Enter the URL in the field starting with
- Click Add
Reorder links at any stage, just drag and drop to move them into the desired order.
To remove a link click the that appears as you hover over it.
Choose from one of two homepage layout options for your site:
- Fullscreen View: displays one item/exhibit at a time fullscreen, and changes every few seconds
- Gallery View: displays several items/exhibits side by side, as though hanging on a gallery wall
Select which items or exhibits appear on your homepage. There are two options:
- Newest: The homepage will show your most recent exhibits, or if you don't have any exhibits, your most recently uploaded items
- Let me choose: Select up to 10 exhibits or items to show on your homepage
Specify content to display
- Select "Let me choose" in the menu
- Navigate to the desired item or exhibit on your live site (in another browser tab or window)
- Copy its URL from the browser address bar and paste it into the field starting with
- Click Add
- Repeat for up to 10 exhibits or items, then drag and drop them to set their display order
Host your Google Open Gallery site on an existing domain or website. See using a custom domain for complete instructions.