All Alphabet/Google suppliers have the choice to do business with Alphabet/Google using one of two Ariba account types: Standard and Enterprise.
|Standard Accounts||Enterprise Accounts|
|Basic functionality and are absolutely free of charge for suppliers:
||Fee-based and provide enhanced functionality to suppliers. Key features of Enterprise accounts are:
The Standard account is always free of charge regardless of usage. The Enterprise account is tiered based on usage and while it may initially be free of charge, this account becomes chargeable once a certain threshold is met:
- A total of 5 documents transacted (PO's, Invoices & Non-PO Invoices, Service Orders and Service Entry Sheets)
- The transacted volume must exceed $50,000 USD in at least one supplier-customer relationship.
If you have never made an update to your account information on Ariba, please send a message by Contact Us button below to begin the enrollment process to access your account information on Ariba.
You can upgrade to an Enterprise account at any time by taking the following steps:
- Sign in to your Ariba Network Standard account
- Click Upgrade at the top of any page
You can also hover over any of the grayed out tabs (Inbox, Outbox, Catalogs, Reports, or Document Archive) and click Upgrade
- Compare the Standard and Enterprise account benefits
- Under Enterprise Account, click Upgrade
- Check the box to confirm you agree to the terms of the upgrade
- Click Upgrade
Tip: You might want to upgrade your test account first in order to explore the additional features before deciding to upgrade your production account.
Find out more about the benefits of upgrading your accountbenefits of upgrading your account on Ariba Network.
How you can create a dispute case in the Ariba Network:
- In the upper-right corner of the application, click your initials > Service Subscriptions.
- Click the Open Bills tab and locate the bill.
- Under Action to the right, click the
- Select a cause from the drop-down menu that better fits your concern and enter a reason for your dispute in the Comment section with as much detail as possible.
- Double-check that the contact information listed underneath Contact Data is correct.
- Click Send.
Once the account is settled, an Ariba Network support specialist will contact you with specific next steps to complete the downgrade request process, including waived fees.
If I have a Standard account can I keep the free of charge account even if I am meeting the two thresholds (5 document count and $50,000 transaction volume)?
Yes. You can keep the Standard account. There is no threshold applied to a Standard account. Suppliers can transact without a limit.
- If you have a Standard account it will not be automatically upgraded to an Enterprise account
- Standard account is always free of charge and not chargeable
- Ariba does not contact suppliers to upgrade their account. The type of account that you create is completely your discretion
While there is no threshold applied to a Standard account and it always remains free of charge, the Enterprise account does have a threshold and can quickly go from free of charge to fee-based once those thresholds are met (see the following FAQ for more information).
If I have an Enterprise account and did not meet the two thresholds, will I be charged?
No. You will not be charged as long as you are not meeting the two thresholds. The Enterprise account will only be charged once they have 5 documents AND have 50,000 USD transaction volume.
If I have an Enterprise account and I choose to downgrade to Standard account, one of the criteria is to have a good standing account. How can you determine that the account is in good standing?
If you have an Enterprise account you can downgrade to Standard account anytime as long as you meet the criteria below. All outstanding fees should be paid before downgrading the account. After downgrading the account, you will not be charged any fees from Ariba.
Criteria for downgrading to Standard Account:
The criteria is handled on a case by case basis. The Ariba team goes through the criteria to structure the conversation with you and to confirm if you are eligible for downgrade or not.
- You must not have any outstanding supplier fees
- Your Order Routing Method must be Email and you cannot have any integration configured (cXML, EDI, Punch-Out, CIG)
- Supply Chain Collaboration (SCC) must not be enabled. SCC must be disabled for SCC relationships by respective buyers
- Payment method must not be AribaPay (check this by clicking the Enablement Tasks tab. If you do not see AribaPay as a category for any customers, you do not have AribaPay enabled)
- You should not have a published Catalog. You will not be able to view/edit catalogs post downgrade
- You should not have any created Reports. You will lose access to any created reports
- You should not have any pending Enablement Tasks related to catalogs/AribaPay/SCF
- You should not have Invoice Archiving configured or you will lose access to the archive
What if I have an Enterprise account for other customers, can I still create another Standard account to transact with Alphabet/Google?
Yes. You can create another account. To do this, upon receiving the initial PO sharing, instead of logging in using their Enterprise account, you should create a new account, which automatically sets as a Standard account.
What types of documents will I be charged for on Ariba if I select a fee-based Enterprise account?
If you selected a fee-based Enterprise account, there are two document types you will be charged by Ariba: Purchase Orders and Invoices (both PO and Non-PO). Only invoices submitted through the Ariba Network, including Carbon Copy invoices where Alphabet/Google submits the invoice on behalf of the supplier, are chargeable per Ariba’s fee structure. Please go to this page for more information on which documents you will be able to share over Ariba based on your country/region.