Location sharing frequency in Coordinate Android app
By default, your Coordinate mobile app shares your location with your dispatcher and other mobile workers once a minute. However, you can change how frequently your app sends these location-sharing updates, which affect the accuracy of your location and how much battery power the app uses. Here are your options:
- Every 5 seconds: Provides excellent location accuracy but causes heavy battery consumption
- Every minute: Default setting; provides a good balance between location accuracy and battery consumption
- Every 30 minutes: Preserves battery life but provides poor location accuracy; use only when your dispatcher doesn’t need to know your precise location
- Every hour: Greatly preserves battery life but provides very poor location accuracy; use only when your dispatcher doesn’t need to know your precise location
To set the frequency of location sharing:
- Touch the Menu icon> Location Sharing.
- Touch the frequency option you want the mobile app to use.