Format Specific Criteria
The following criteria apply to the indicated format in addition to the Prohibited Content policies.
Photos and Videos
In addition to the Prohibited Content guidelines, Photos and Videos are subject to the following criteria.
To be relevant, photos or videos must be taken by users at the location in question. Stock imagery, or photos or videos taken by other parties, are not relevant and may be removed. If the primary subject of the content is irrelevant to the location, it may be removed.
- Stylistic adjustments (such as applied filters) are acceptable, provided that these stylistic changes are minimal and are not appended elements such as borders, text, collaged images, etc.
- Content that makes it difficult for others to understand the environment you’re sharing may be rejected.
- Examples are excessively dark or blurry images, significantly rotated compositions, and use of filters that dramatically alter the representation of the place.
- Images must be of a sufficient resolution. Exact requirements may vary by photo type and point of upload.
- Screenshots, drawings, posters and other non–photos, other than videos, should not be uploaded.
- For videos, only upload content that is stable and has good visual quality. Content that is out of focus, shaky, or has bad exposure should not be uploaded. Distorted or corrupted videos are not allowed.
Superimposed text or graphics
Superimposed text or graphics, including promotional content such as logos, are subject to the following requirements:
- For 360 photos, superimposed content must be limited to either the zenith or nadir (top or bottom 25% of the equirectangular image), but cannot be present in both.
- For traditional digital photos and videos, superimposed content cannot take up more than 10% of the image or video, and must be limited to a single edge.
- Superimposed text or graphics must be relevant.
- Distracting superimposed text or graphics are not permitted.
- 360 photos must wrap 360º without any gaps in the horizon imagery. These images do not have to extend to the zenith and nadir (top to bottom), but between the top and bottom edges of your 360 photo only minor gaps/holes are acceptable.
- Minor stitching errors are acceptable but those with significant stitching artifacts may be rejected.
- 360 photos must be at least 4K (3,840 pixel by 2,160 pixel resolution or greater).
- When multiple 360 photos are published to one area, connections between them may be automatically generated. Whether your connections were created manually or automatically, we may adjust, remove, or create new connections — and adjust the position and orientation of your 360 photos — to ensure a realistic, connected viewing experience
- When connecting 360 photos, ensure that any links you create are between nearby vantage points. Do not attempt to create connections that will disorient those exploring your connected 360 photos for the first time.
- When publishing multiple 360 photos in an area, never use their close pin/dot proximity or the resulting blue line map visualization to write messages, draw symbols, pictures, or otherwise deface the map.
- If you’re appending any form of attribution (watermark, authorship information, etc.) to the zenith or nadir of your 360 photo, please note the relevant requirements under the Superimposed text or graphics section above.
In addition to Prohibited Content guidelines, Text Reviews are subject to the following additional requirements:
Don’t use reviews for advertising purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, posting email addresses, phone numbers, social media links, or links to other websites in your reviews.
Don’t include promotional or commercial content.
Don’t offer or accept money in exchange for reviews.
Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.