Export or back up contacts
To add your contacts to another email account, first download them as a CSV or vCard file. To clear up storage, export and then delete contacts you don't need.
- Go to Google Contacts.
- Select one of the following:
- A single contact: Check the box next to the contact name.
- Multiple contacts: Check the boxes next to all the contacts you want to export.
- All contacts: Check the box next to any contact and in the top left, click Selection Actions All.
- In the top left, click More actions Export.
- To back up your contacts, select Google CSV.
- To save your file, click Export.
Tip: If you use Contacts for work or school, you can’t select all contacts in the Directory.