If you have duplicate listings for the same person in Google Contacts, you can merge them.
You can't merge contacts that are saved in different Google Accounts.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app .
- At the top right, select the Google Account that has the duplicate contacts you want to merge.
- At the bottom, tap Fix & manage Merge & fix.
- Tap Merge duplicates. If you don’t get this option, you don’t have any contacts that can be merged.
- To accept a single duplicate contact suggestion, tap Merge.
- To accept all duplicate contact suggestions, at the bottom of the screen, tap Merge all.
- Optional: If you'd rather choose which contacts to merge:
- Open your device's Contacts app .
- At the top right, tap More Select.
- Choose the contacts you want to merge.
- At the top right, tap More Merge.
Separate merged contacts
You can separate a contact that you merged.