You can sync your Google Contacts to a phone, tablet, and computer. When you change a contact, that contact will change everywhere.
Your Google contacts sync to your Android device when you sign in. Changes to your contacts will automatically sync to keep them backed up and up to date. If multiple Google Accounts are signed in to the same device, Google contacts from all accounts will sync to the device.
Important: If you use a work or school Google Account, download the Contacts App to get all contact details, like job titles.Manage automatic sync
To stop Google contacts from automatically syncing:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Settings.
- Tap Google Account services Contacts sync Automatically sync Google contacts.
- Turn off Automatically sync.
If Automatically sync is turned off and you want to update your contacts, you can manually sync Google contacts with your device using Google’s Contacts app.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app .
- To sync, pull down on the contacts list.