Advanced account management
If you have a Google Consumer Surveys account that has been enabled for advanced settings, you should see an Advanced tab in your account as shown below:
Shown below is an example of a live survey where advanced settings have been applied:
- Logo Image: Your company/site logo.
- Preview Text: The amount of article content that you wish to show before the survey. This can either be in terms of characters or as a percentage of the article length.
- Zip Code exclusion: Any precise Zip or Postal codes that you want to omit from showing surveys.
- Enhanced Message text: An additional message to users shown above the survey, next to your logo (In the image below, Google logo is used).
- Prompt Messaging: The message that users will be shown when the survey appears, at the top of the survey in the blue title bar. Select a message template from the drop down list or write your own.
In addition to advanced account settings, eligible publishers can also provide a custom alternate action unit to be shown in the or portion of the survey prompt.
Publishers may choose one of the following non-survey actions to appear as an alternative for users who do not want to answer questions:
- Skip button (default)
- Registration/sign in (advanced)
- Email/newsletter sign up (advanced)
- Payment via Google Wallet (advanced)
Publishers are responsible for providing code necessary to implement any non-survey alternative actions they choose to include, and are exclusively responsible for collecting and handling user information collected through these alternative actions. For the “Registration/sign in” or “Email/newsletter sign up” actions the publisher will develop a simple web form with links in HTML and the logic to track registered users. The size of the form should be within 350x200 pixels. The microsurvey is in an iframe, so any CSS or JS the publisher has running in the rest of the page that you want to show up in the Alternate Action Unit will need to be bundled with the HTML.