Profile and badge overview
On your profile page, you'll see:
- Your display name: You can change anytime by clicking Edit . Then edit the text, and click Done .
- My Posts: This shows a filter of topics you've created or replied to.
- Notification preferences: You can manage your notification settings.
- Your Activity: This is a graph of topics and posts you've created.
Deleting Your Profile
To delete your profile, click More Delete Profile.
- Your profile will be removed and you won't be able to edit your content.
- You will also stop receiving notifications.
- Your posts will still be visible with "Google User" displayed instead of your display name.
- This action cannot be undone. Posting again will create a new profile.
The people answering the questions in the forums may have badges next to their user ID. Badges show a member's identity or level of participation, such as:
- Silver Product Experts: New members who are developing their product knowledge
- Gold Product Experts: Trusted members who are knowledgeable and active contributors
- Platinum Product Experts: Seasoned members who contribute beyond providing help through mentoring, creating content, and more
- Google Employees: Guides and community managers who work at Google
- Google Community Specialists: Google partners who lend their expertise to help maintain our communities
Experts in Google Help Communities can earn achievements that are shown on your My Profile page. More achievements will be added soon.
Legacy Contributions - Users with this badge were active contributors on Google's Product Forums.