Connect your printers to Google Cloud Print
You can connect your "Cloud Ready" and "classic" printers to Google Cloud Print. Cloud Ready printers connect directly to the web. With Classic printers, you need a computer to set up the web connection.
Check if your printer is Cloud Ready. You can also check your printer's manual.Connect a Cloud-Ready printer
To set up your Cloud Ready printer, search for your printer here and follow your manufacturer’s instructions. Then follow the steps below to connect your printer.
- Open Chrome .
- In a new tab, go to
- You should find your printer listed under "My devices."
Note: Android isn't the same on all devices. These instructions are for devices running Android 6.0 and up. See what version of Android you have.
- Open the Settings app .
- Under “System,” select Printing Cloud Print.
- Click More .
- Select Add Printer.
Watch video about setting up cloud printing (1:19)
- Google Chrome.
- Windows or Mac computer
Then, follow the steps below to enable the Google Cloud Print connector:
- Open Chrome .
- In a new tab, open
- You’ll see a list of devices already registered with Google Cloud Print, and new devices available on the network.
- Under "Classic printers,” click Add printers.
- You'll see a confirmation that Google Cloud Print has been enabled.
Tip: To learn more, click Manage your printers.
Watch video about setting up classic printing (1:42)
Note: If you need to reconnect a classic printer, make sure you're signed in to Google Cloud Print from Chrome. For a Cloud Ready printer, follow the instructions above.