If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
By default, your organization has basic mobile management turned on. This feature provides the fundamental tools you need to let people in your organization access their work accounts from mobile devices while keeping your organization's data more secure.
Android and Apple® iOS® devices are supported. For details, see Device requirements for Google endpoint management.
If basic management doesn't meet your organization's security needs, advanced mobile management includes more security options and management tools, including app management and device audits. Learn more
Customize basic mobile management
- Customize password requirements for managed mobile devices.
- Set up managed apps for Android devices.
What else you can do
- Wipe a user's account from a mobile device if the device is lost or stolen.
- Set up mobile device activity alerts.
- Periodically view the mobile devices that access your organization's data.
Turn on basic mobile management
If you previously turned off mobile management, turn it on again. Tell users you will manage the mobile devices they use for work. Let them know your password requirements.
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
If you don't see Devices on the Home page, at the bottom, click More controls.
- On the left, click Setup.
- Click Mobile Management.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Select Basic.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.