Trello cloud application
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), your users can use their Google Cloud credentials to sign in to enterprise-cloud applications.
Set up SSO via SAML for Trello
Here's how to set up single sign-on (SSO) via SAML for the Trello® application.Step 1: Set up Trello as a SAML 2.0 service provider (SP)
From the Admin console Home page, go to Security Set up single sign-on (SSO).
To see Security, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Copy the SSO URL.
- Click Download to download the X.509 Certificate.
- Go to https://trello.com/sso-configuration.
- Fill the following details:
Enterprise name: Provide your registered enterprise name.
Contact email address: Provide your email address
Select your SAML IDP: Other (IdP isn't listed)
Do you plan to enforce SSO login for your users? Yes
Do you want to whitelist any domains for SP-initiated signup? No
SAML SSO URL: Enter the Google Single Sign-On URL required for SSO setup you downloaded in Step 3.
SAML Certificate: Enter the Google X.509 Certificate required for SSO setup you downloaded in Step 4.
- Click Submit to save these items.
Trello will send an email to verify your contact email address, please check the mailbox
Trello will verify your Enterprise name.
Once they confirm that it's valid they'll mail the ACS URL and SP URL (with in 1 day)
- Proceed to the next section to set up Google as a SAML IdP.
- In a new browser tab, sign in to your Admin console as a super administrator.
- Click Apps > SAML apps.
- Click the plus (+) icon at the bottom right.
- Select the Trello item from the list. The values on the Google IDP Information page automatically populate.
- Contact Trello support to setup Google as a SAML IdP. Once the certificates have been sent by Trello support upload them into the appropriate service provider Setup fields, and then come back to the admin console and click Next.
- In the Basic application information window, the Application name and Description values automatically populate.
- Click Next.
- In the Service Provider Details section, enter the following URLs into the Entity ID, ACS URL, and Start URL fields:
ACS URL: https://trello.com/auth/saml/consume/enterprisename
Entity ID: https://trello.com/auth/saml/metadata
Start URL: empty
- Leave Signed Response unchecked.
When the Signed Response checkbox is unchecked, only the assertion is signed. When the Signed Response checkbox is checked, the entire response is signed.
- The default Name ID is the primary email. Multi-value input is not supported. Trello requires the primary email for authentication. Contact Trello support if you require a different Name ID mapping. Custom attributes of the user schema can also be used after creating them via Google Admin SDK APIs. The custom attributes for the user schema need to be created prior to setting up the Trello SAML application.
- In the NameID Format: field, enter Persistent.
- Click Next.
- Under Attribute mapping, first select the Category as Basic Information from the drop down list and then choose a User attribute to map the attribute from the Google profile. You must provide the "Primary Email" [User.Email], "First Name" [User.FirstName], and "Last Name" [User.LastName] attributes..
- Click Finish.
- Sign in to your Admin console.
- Go to Apps > SAML apps.
- Select Trello.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
- Ensure that your Trello user account email IDs match those in your Google domain.
- Close all browser windows.
- Open https://trello.com/auth/saml/login/enterprisename and attempt to sign in. You should be automatically redirected to the Google sign in page.
- Enter your sign in credentials.
- After your sign in credentials are authenticated, you are automatically redirected back to Trello.