Manage billing permissions or transfer billing account ownership
Billing administrators can assign roles on a billing account to give other users permission to view or act on it. Only billing administrators can add new roles to users. (By default, the person who creates a billing account is a billing administrator for that account.)
Billing administrators can add or delete other billing administrators, manage payment methods, view transactions, see credits, and set billing alerts. If you want to transfer billing account ownership, the best way to transfer a billing account to another person is to add them as a billing administrator.
Note: To associate a project with a billing account or to set a daily budget for a project you must be both a billing administrator and a project owner. Billing administrators do not receive account invoices unless they are also billing contacts. For more information about billing contacts, see Create, modify, or close your billing account. For information about setting or modifying billing alerts, see Set budgets and alerts.
To add or remove billing permissions:
- Go to the Cloud Platform Console.
- Open the left side menu and select Billing
- If you have more than one billing account, select the billing account name.
- Use the permissions panel on the right to edit permissions on the selected billing account. If the panel isn't open, click SHOW INFO PANEL to open it.
- To assign permissions, under Add members, enter the email address of the person you want to assign the permission to, then select a permission from Select a role and click Add.
- To remove a member's billing permission, click and expand the list for the corresponding permission, hover over the member you want to remove, and then click the trash can icon on the right.
If you're unable to resolve your issue using the process described above, contact Google Cloud Platform Billing Support.
Billing Account Roles
This table shows billing roles and the permissions associated with them.
|Billing Account User||
|Billing Account Viewer||
|Billing Account Administrator||...all the permissions of the Billing Account User and Billing Account Viewer as well as the following permissions: