Setting up API keys
If your client application does not use OAuth 2.0, then it must include an API key when it calls an API that's enabled within a Google Cloud Platform project. The application passes this key into all API requests as a
To create your application's API key:
- Go to the Cloud Platform Console.
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one.
- If the APIs & services page isn't already open, open the left side menu and select APIs & services.
- On the left, choose Credentials.
- Click Create credentials and then select API key.
Note: In addition to reading the instructions on this page, be sure to read Best practices for securely using API keys.