G Suite Certification Overview
As the workplace becomes increasingly digital, collaborating effectively using real-time productivity tools is becoming a prerequisite skill. Getting Google Cloud Certified in G Suite signals to employers your readiness to operate in today's modern work environment. By earning the G Suite certification, you prove your ability to use cloud-based tools to create and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and files. You also demonstrate that you can communicate effectively with email and online meeting applications.
What is the exam?
Performance-based: participants will be asked to use
a real G Suite account to complete a series of tasks
Who is eligible? All adults 18 years of age or older
Where? Online via the Chrome browser
How long? 2 hours
Cost? $75 (All educators and students are eligible for academic pricing discount)
Multiple resources are available to help you prepare:
• Applied Digital Skills curriculum: g.co/applieddigitalskills/gsuite
• G Suite certification: cloud.google.com/certification/gsuite
with Exam Guide and Practice Exam
Register yourself for the exam.
- Take the exam
The online exam will be taken on your own time at your home, office, or a nearby testing center; your video, audio, and desktop will be recorded for proctoring purposes. The testing centers are available in limited locations.
- Get certified
Proof of certified status will be emailed directly.
Visit the website for more exam details, and review the following articles to understand the remote exam and testing center requirements:
Cancellation and Reschedule
- I am late for the scheduled exam. Will I still be allowed to take the exam?
There is a 15-minute grace period after your scheduled start time where your exam will remain active. After 15 minutes, your exam will be automatically canceled and you will need to register for the exam again.
- For exams administered at the on-site test center, what happens if I reschedule or cancel less than 48 hours before the scheduled time, or don’t show up for my exam?
If you reschedule or cancel your exam within 48 hours of your exam time, you will be charged a rescheduling or cancellation fee. The fee will be less than the full price of an exam.
If you do not show up for your exam, your exam fee is forfeited and you will not receive a refund.
- I will not be able to take the exam at the scheduled time. How can I cancel or reschedule my session?
Cancel or reschedule your exam 48 hours before the scheduled exam time to avoid any fees. You can do so by logging in to your ProctorU account.
- What is the age limit to take G Suite certification remotely or at a public testing center?
Test takers must be 18+ years of age to take the G Suite Certification exam remotely. Test takers between 13 and 18 years of age can take the exam at their schools. Please visit this page for details.
- What form of ID is acceptable in the exam?
You can use any valid government-issued photo ID. Review the list of acceptable identifications.
- Can I take the G Suite certification exam in my native language other than English?
Currently, the exam is available in English only. Please note, we allow translating the default Chrome browser and questions to your native language. However, all answers to performance-based questions will be validated in English only. This means that any response in a non-English language will not be scored. We are working to localize the G Suite certification in additional languages. Please continue to check our website for up-to-date information.
- What is academic pricing for G Suite Certification and how can I use it?
Our program offers a 50% discount rate to all students and educators, including administrators. This applies to those in both the K–12 and higher education (including community, technical and vocational colleges) spaces.
The discount will be automatically applied when you register for the G Suite Certification exam using your education domain.
- I am associated with a higher education institution but I am unable to use the academic pricing at the time of registration.
If you are using your education domain to register for the exam but are unable to use the academic discount, your education domain might not be registered with us. To receive academic pricing, complete this form, and we will contact you in 3-5 business days to confirm your eligibility.
- When is the earliest I can take the exam after registration?
You can schedule whenever you’re ready to take the online proctored exam. After the payment is confirmed and the exam is scheduled, the average wait time to start the session is 15 minutes.
- Are breaks allowed during my exam?
No breaks are allowed during your exam. If you have a medical condition requiring accommodations, you can request them before your scheduled exam time. Please reach out to Google support to make a request.
- Will I get certified if I pass?
Yes! If you pass the exam, you will be emailed a digital certificate. We encourage you to share this on your LinkedIn profile, Twitter and Facebook accounts, and with family and friends.
- How will my exam information be used for remotely proctored exams?
- How do I contact support?
For questions regarding technical requirements, registration, scheduling, medical accommodations, cancellations, or connection issues, please contact ProctorU support.
For general exam-related inquiries, contact Google support.
- How long will it take to complete the exam?
An online proctor will verify your identity and launch the exam. This should take about eight minutes. Once the exam is launched, you are allotted 120 minutes to complete the exam. We recommend connecting an additional 15 minutes early to guarantee adequate time to go through equipment testing and verification. .
- What resources am I allowed to have with me during the exam?
Please have a valid photo ID at the time of the exam. You will not be allowed to use a phone, scratch paper, writing instruments, note-taking materials, or headphones during the exam. Possessing any of these items during the exam is in violation of our terms and conditions and may result in a rejected exam record.
- Does my exam begin when I connect with ProctorU?
No, the exam does not begin until the exam has been unlocked by your proctor.
- Can I use online resources during the exam?
No. Opening any other tab or window will notify your proctor and the exam will be auto-canceled.