Beta certification exams are newly developed assessments that are opened to a smaller audience before being opened to the general public. The beta exams contain a large pool of items, and not all of them will meet psychometric standards for use on the final (or GA) exam. This is because we gather performance statistics on the questions presented in beta exams, and use these statistics to create the certification standards for the final exams. Therefore, beta exams can take up to twice as long to complete compared to the final exam.
Beta exams are opened for a very short window, and are available sporadically throughout the calendar year. Please check our website frequently for availability. If you are currently certified in our associate or professional certification, the best place to be notified of upcoming betas is the online Google Cloud Certification community.
Why should you consider taking a beta exam?
- You will be among the first few participants in the world to get access to the new or refreshed exam.
- All beta exams are discounted at 40% off the retail price off the final exam.
- Beta participants are encouraged to comment on the exam content and the user experience in general. These comments are extremely helpful in interpreting the item performance statistics, and providing the best user experience for our test takers.
- Passing a beta exam means that you will be certified in that exam and will receive access to all certification benefits.
- The beta exam registration and delivery platforms mirror those of the final exam.
How much is the beta exam registration fee?
All beta exams will be discounted at 40%. No other discounts can be combined with this offer. Please refer to the individual exam pages for exam-specific beta registration cost details.
How much time will it take to complete a beta exam?
Beta exams are longer than the final version of the exam. You will be allocated 3–4 hours to complete the exam. Please refer to the individual exam pages for more information.
Are there training prerequisites to taking a beta certification exam?
No. All individuals meeting the specific requirements for an exam are allowed to attempt the exam. For more details, please refer to the exam guide webpages for each certification.
When will I receive my beta exam results?
Test takers taking beta exams don’t receive the exam results right away. The exam records are scored after the beta exam period ends. All beta participants are notified of their results at the same time after the beta is closed.
What happens if I don't pass the beta certification exam?
Beta participants are only allowed one attempt on the beta exam. If you don't pass the beta exam, you must wait for the final version of the exam to open to the general public and try again. Failing a beta exam does not count toward the total allowable attempts of the final exam (4 attempts).
Are beta certification exams available in other languages?
The beta exams are available globally in English only.