The Google Cloud Certification Program assesses individuals to determine whether they meet Google Cloud’s proficiency standards in technical skills related to Google Cloud.
As part of the Google Cloud Certification Program, you will take a certification exam to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in the content area assessed by the exam.
The Google Cloud exam policies and Exam Terms and Conditions may change from time to time. It is your responsibility to review these policies before you take an exam. You will have an opportunity to review the Exam Terms and Conditions at the time of exam registration and on your test date prior to launching the exam. If you do not accept the Exam Terms and Conditions, you will not be permitted to participate in the program.
Below, please find a selection of important program policies.
NO SHOWS, CANCELLATION, AND RESCHEDULE POLICY
- If you do not show up for your exam, your exam fee is forfeited and you will not receive a refund.
- If you cancel your exam less than 72 hours before your onsite exam time or less than 24 hours before your online exam time, your exam fee is forfeited and you will not receive a refund.
- If you reschedule your exam less than 72 hours of your onsite exam time or less than 24 hours of your online exam time, you will be charged a rescheduling fee.
- You can schedule a new exam date and time by logging into your Webassessor account and selecting "Register for an Exam." From Scheduled/In Progress Exams, choose the option to Reschedule/Cancel.
Our Retake Policy has recently been updated. Please see below for details:
- Cloud Digital Leader: you have a maximum of ten attempts within a one year period and must wait at least 14 days between each failed attempt.
- Associate and Professional certification exams: you have a maximum of four attempts in a two year period. If you don't pass the exam, you can take it again after 14 days. If you don't pass the second time, you must wait 60 days before you can take it a third time. If you don't pass the third time, you must wait 365 days before taking it a fourth time.
You may attempt the exam in multiple languages or by different delivery methods, but each attempt regardless of language or delivery method counts toward the total permissible attempts and the waiting period between attempts still applies. Payment is required each time you take an exam. Circumventing this retake policy by registering under a different name or any other means is a violation of the exam terms and conditions and will result in a denied or revoked certification.
To participate in the Program, you must not:
- Provide false identification
- Provide invalid payment
- Provide or accept improper Exam assistance
- Copy Exam content in any format
- Remove Exam content or materials in any format
- Share Exam content in any format (including content that you memorize) with anyone else, including through online posts, discussion groups, forums, chat rooms, or blogs
- Use or access any unauthorized Exam content shared by someone else, including content that you find online, in discussion groups, forums, chat rooms, or blogs
- Misrepresent your certification status or modify the results or score report from an Exam
- Engage in harassing, threatening, or physically or verbally abusive behavior towards Exam facilitators, proctors, other Program or support staff, or other examinees or Program participants
- Otherwise violate these Terms
During an Exam, you may not:
- Read Exam content out loud
- Take notes of any kind
- Intentionally disrupt other examinees
- Talk to or communicate with anyone who is not the Exam facilitator or proctor
- Use any Exam aid, including books, paper, writing instruments, phones, or any other technology
- Leave the view of the camera (for online proctoring)
If Google discovers that you have engaged in any Prohibited Behavior, or any other behavior that Google determines is misconduct or impacts the integrity of the Program, Google may, in addition to any other lawful action available to Google: (i) suspend any Exam you are taking, (ii) invalidate the results of any Exam you have taken, (iii) invalidate and revoke any or all of your Certifications, and (iv) suspend or permanently bar you from participating in the Program, including taking or retaking Exams.
ONLINE PROCTORING INVALIDATION
Exams delivered remotely via an online proctoring (OLP) service have a unique set of security settings and procedures. Google may suspend an Exam or invalidate the results of such Exam if:
- Your video quality interferes with effective proctoring, including loss of video or poor resolution
- Your audio quality interferes with effective proctoring, including loss of audio, poor audio, or excessive background noise
- An unauthorized person is present in the secure Exam area
- You log an invalid keystroke, such as print screen
Exam fees will not be refunded in these instances.
For a summary of online and onsite testing requirements please refer to this help article.