(Experimental) Turn on autozoom camera control
You can set the Meet camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. The camera doesn't zoom in on individual speakers. Seeing all the participants in the room up close makes it easier to:
- Read facial expressions and body language.
- Maintain eye contact with meeting participants.
- Smoothly take turns in the conversation.
- A Hangouts Meet hardware kit Chromebox and Huddly GO Camera.
- Use in small (3-5 people) meeting rooms.
- Position camera a maximum 11.5 ft (3.5m) from the farthest person.
- Have participants at eye level and facing the camera.
Before you begin
Connect all Hangouts Meet hardware peripherals, (camera, Chromebox for meetings, and touchscreen).
Turn on autozoom
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Device management.
- On the left, click Google meeting room hardware.
- Click Google meeting room hardware.
- Select the device you want to manage, click Hardware and OS check the Autozoom camera control box.
For information on using the camera during a meeting see, Use the Hangouts Meet touchscreen.