Cast media control notifications
To see Cast media control notifications, your mobile device or tablet must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or Google Home device. Also, you'll see a notification for all Chromecast and Google Home devices that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Supported mobile devices
Cast media control notifications are available on Android devices running Android L (5.0) and above. They aren't available on iOS devices.
Supported Cast devices
You'll see Cast remote notifications when playing media using Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, Google Home, and TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in.
What is displayed on Cast media control notifications
- Name of the device you or someone on your same Wi-Fi network is casting to.
- Content provider.
- Media controls (Pause , Mute , Stop , and Settings .).
- You can turn off Cast media control notifications within Settings .
Temporarily dismiss Cast media control notifications on your phone
To temporarily dismiss a Cast remote control notification from displaying during the current casting session, simply swipe it away.
Note: The notification will reappear if you start casting content from a different Chromecast-enabled app.
Turn off Cast media control notifications for a Chromecast or Google Home device
To prevent others on your Wi-Fi network from controlling your media casting, you can turn off Cast media control notifications on the Chromecast or Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast or Google Home you'd like prevent from sending cast notifications.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap Settings .
- Under Device info, turn off Let others control your cast media .
Turn off Cast media control notifications on your phone
To permanently turn off Cast media control notifications from displaying on your phone,
- On the notification, tap Settings .
- Turn Show remote control notifications off .
Tap Settings .
Under Personal, tap Google Cast media controls slide the slider off .
To turn notifications back on, slide the slider on