New Cast functionality in Chrome
Beginning with Chrome 51, we’re rolling out a few changes to Cast functionality in Chrome:
1. Installing an extension is no longer required in order to find or use your Chromecast device (Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, TV with Chromecast built-in, or Chromecast built-in speaker) from Chrome.Chromecast functionality is now built in as part of the Chrome browser itself, so you no longer need to install anything in order to use your Chromecast device from Chrome.
If you previously installed the Cast button, there’s no need to remove it. It will be silently removed from Chrome.
2. Chromecast functionality is available in the Chrome Tools menu.Even if you haven't pinned the Cast button to your toolbar, click the Chrome Tools menu in the top right corner of your Chrome browser window. Then click Cast…:
Chromecast functionality is also available when right clicking on a webpage in the Chrome browser (Control+click on Mac.)
Note: To access Chromecast functionality via the the Cast button in your Chrome toolbar, you must pin the Cast button to your Chrome toolbar.
3. You no longer need to set any Chromecast options for mirroring.In previous versions of the Cast button, you could set options for resolution, bitrate, quality, etc. when mirroring the contents of your tab to your Chromecast device. These options have been removed, as the system now automatically adjusts quality, frame rate and resolution based upon your content and the quality of your network.
Here's more information on how to cast a tab or desktop/laptop content.
4. File feedback about Chromecast in Chrome from the Cast button.File feedback about Chromecast in Chrome, report an issue or problem, make a feature suggestion or just let us know how things are working -- we’d love to hear from you!
To file feedback about Chromecast,
- Pin the Cast button to your Chrome toolbar.
- Right-click (Control+click on Mac) on the Cast button located in the top right corner of your Chrome browser window.
- Click Report an issue and write your feedback.