How to change the volume of an audio group
When casting to a group, there are two ways to change the volume:
- Changing the group volume. This action will change the volume of all speakers within the group.
- Changing a single speaker’s volume when it’s part of a group. This action will only change that individual speaker.
To adjust the volume of all speakers in a group:From your mobile device, go to a content app (Google Play Music, Spotify, etc.)
- Find the volume functionality within the app and move the slider to the left or right to adjust the volume or
- Press your phone or tablet’s volume buttons to increase or decrease the volume.
Note: These actions will change the volume of all speakers within the group.
To adjust a single speaker’s volume when it’s part of a group:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast Audio devices or Chromecast built-in speakers.
- Scroll to find the group card for the group you'd like to adjust the volume.
- Tap the volume button on the group card .
- You will see a list of all of the speakers within the group and their volume levels.
- Move the slider to the left or right to adjust the volume for each speaker you’d like to adjust. Sliding to the right increases the volume, sliding to the left decreases the volume.
Note: You can also adjust a speaker's volume from its individual device card. Simply press the volume button to change the volume.
Important: Pressing your phone or tablet’s volume buttons (on the side of your phone or tablet) while in the Google Home app will not adjust the volume. Please use the volume button on the device card to adjust the volume, as described above.