Cast audio from Google Cast-enabled apps to speakers
Many Google Cast-enabled apps support casting to your Chromecast Audio. There is something for everyone – streaming music, radio stations, podcasts and local content playback.
Discover Google Cast-enabled apps that work with your audio device, including: Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn Radio, Deezer, Rhapsody, Napster, NPROne, BeyondPod and more. Let's get casting!Before you begin casting:
- Your mobile device must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to work. Note: To allow guests to cast without being on your Wi-Fi network, please read How to set up guest mode.
- The mobile device, tablet or computer that you are using to cast must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast Audio.
- You must be running the latest version of the Google Cast-enabled app. You can always double-check that you are on the latest version by visiting the Google Store or Apple App Store and check for any app updates.
To cast to your audio device from your mobile device or tablet:
- Open a Google Cast-enabled app.
- In the top-right corner, tap the Cast button .
- Choose your speaker. The Cast button will turn colour , letting you know that you're connected.
- Once you are connected, you can cast music, radio stations and podcasts directly to your audio device.
There’s a lot of great content to enjoy from your favourite Cast-enabled apps and you don’t want to miss a single great tune or podcast.
Within the Google Home app, tap the Discover tab to browse content and find new stuff that’s available on your Cast-enabled apps that you don’t have installed yet. Here’s more on how to discover new content. You can also visit our website to see a list of all Cast-enabled apps and available content.
To avoid auto-switching, Android users can go to your device's Wi-Fi settings and Forget 'Network B' to ensure that your Android device is connected to the same 'Network A' as your Chromecast.
If you're having trouble with a Google Cast-enabled app, please try our Chromecast Audio Troubleshooting tips.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited streaming membership required. More information at www.netflix.com.