Improve your Android screen casting experience
Your Android device and your Chromecast will establish a direct connection when you cast your screen.
Optimal performanceFor optimal performance when casting your Android screen, follow the steps below: Step 1. Make sure that your Android device and Chromecast are both connected to the same wireless network name (SSID).
- If connected via Wi-Fi, please check that the network name displayed on your TV is the same as the currently-connected network in the Android device's available Wi-Fi list.
- AP isolation: Your Wi-Fi network configuration prevents devices from communicating with Chromecast. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. Please refer to your router documentation to find out how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings or if you are attempting to connect through a guest, hotel or public network with AP/client isolation, you will be unable to set up your Chromecast.
Stuttering or poor qualityIf you are experiencing stuttering or poor quality when casting your Android screen, follow the steps below:
- The Android device and Chromecast device should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. The Chromecast device should be ~15 feet (4 meters) away from the router or less.
- Make sure that both your Chromecast device and Android device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network channel, either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- All devices running Android 4.4.2 or higher support the Cast screen feature. However, these Android devices have been tested to work best for Android screen casting. Other Android devices may not have the necessary power to provide an optimised screen casting experience.
If you are experiencing low volume when casting your Android screen, change the volume setting from the Google Home app:
- Download the Google Home app (if not already installed).
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the upper-right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast device that is currently casting content.
- Tap the Volume button on the device card.
- Move the slider to the right to increase the volume.