/chromecast/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Introducing Meet on Chromecast 0 Recommended Answers 14 Replies 233 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Hi everybody,

We’re excited to announce that Google Meet has officially started rolling out on Chromecast and will be rolling out to you all over the next couple days. Earlier this year, we launched Google Meet on Nest Hub Max, and it just felt right to expand Meet to even more screens in your home. With more people spending time at home these days, Meet provides the opportunity to stay connected with family, friends, co-workers, and others.

We recognize that many schools are moving to distance/remote learning, and we wanted to support this new learning environment for teachers and students. Meet on Chromecast will let you host or join meetings giving you the opportunity to connect with classmates, collaborate on projects, and even attend lectures.

As work from home opportunities increase, Meet provides an enterprise-grade solution for employees to stay connected and on top of work projects. Change up the usual environment and enjoy your morning meetings on your TV screen in the living room, with a big cup of coffee in hand. 

To get started, you‘ll need to have a Google account, update to the latest version of Chrome, and ensure that your Chromecast device has the latest firmware installed. You can learn more about Meet on Chromecast and the requirements here

From the small screen to the big screen, you can join a meeting from anywhere in your home. Whether you’re distance learning, delivering a presentation, or connecting with family, enjoy Meet now on Chromecast. 

- The Chromecast Team
Most Relevant Answer Most Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (14)
Most Relevant Answer
Love it! Thanks :)
marked this as an answer
Most relevant based on info available
Most Relevant Answer
Can I cast from my mobile as well, or is it only from a laptop?
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
When will this feature arrive on android,can't wait for it
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
so Video comes from your device and the meeting gets casted?   Mobile and Laptop/Desktop?
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
Xoá noi dung lỗi thời
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
I like this feature, will you also add the feature to the Apple and Android Meet app?
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
Don't have cast option on the latest Android app yet. Is that available on a beta version or something?
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
I cant mirror my phone and i have already bought a £19.99 lifetime and it keeps asking me to buy it again and again.
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
Any plans to add support to the iOS and iPad OS meet apps?
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
I cannot see the option to cast. I have a chromecast and a TV that supports it too. I'm in Israel. Has it rolled out here?
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chromecast/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic