- Try Chromecast on the SAME 2.4 (Chromecast 1st gen requirement) Ghz frequency wifi router band as your Android devices
- Refresh your Media Router:
2. Open a new tab in Chrome.
3. Type chrome://flags/#media-router into the address bar.
4. Check and see if the status is "Enabled". If it is, try "Disabling" and refresh your Chrome Browser.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 but this time Enable the option again.
6. Look in the upper right hand corner for the "More Options" icon
7. Click on the "Cast" option.
- Make sure you power the Chromecast device with the provided power supply into an open electrical outlet, not using a USB input on your TV or other device.
- See original post by Google employee about other settings.
- Your computer and Chromecast device should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. Your Chromecast device should be ~15 feet (4 meters) away from your router, or less.
- Reset your Windows browser default to Chrome.
- Conduct a Chromecast Factory Data Reset.
- Reboot your Wi-fi router and/or internet service provider modem or gateway
- Turn Windows Defender OFF.
We found the following personal information in your message:
This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.