/chromecast/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This question has been marked as a duplicate.
-
Sound stuttering in YouTube-App when viewing videos with low-movement video on Chromecast 1 0 Recommended Answers 41 Replies 83 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
I'm using a Gen 1 in conjunction with YouTube to view a lot of videos. The device is connected using a separate 2.4G network with (for Gen1 WiFi) good connection (-61dBm, 13/72MBit/s), enough airtime (~11% used) and a uplink with more than enough free bandwidth. When viewing videos with a lot of movement (like camera footage) playback is OK, videos with rather low movement (like screencaptures) however are stuttering since somewhen this summer. In case of a stutter sound stops for about ½Second, video keeps however playing. This also affects videos with mixed content, in this case parts with screencaptures show stutter while the rest of the video plays fine. For me it looks like on low-movement parts the app switches to a higher quality video which is too much for it's decoding capabilities. Since the YT-app doesn't allow to manually choose the quality used this results in the device being using the official app.

Has anyone seen similar behavior and/or knows of workarounds besides ditching the official app?
All Replies (41)
First thing run your spyware and your anti-virus.  Next disable your ad blockers and refreshing your device in settings under recovery. This may clear up if not all or some of your issues and don't forget to restart your system when you get new updates, downloads or install/uninstall anything from your system.
marked this as an answer
if you do a search for chromecast gen 1 issues you'll find many many people with similar problems which seem to coincide with a pushed firmware update. many are of the opinion that this was almost deliberate as the gen 1 isn't going to see any more major updates and google's claim that they'll still do bug fixes rings hollow since it's been almost a year. if I'm going to buy another device because this was never resolved it's not going to be a google device. 
even if it's not true it still appears as though google has broken gen 1 devices to drive customers into purchasing newer ones once the frustration has gotten the better of them.
marked this as an answer
Hello, thanks for taking the time to post your issue.

Does your supported sending device (e.g phone), TV or router have a task killer app, standby, firewall, antivirus, sleep mode, power saver, a parental control, tv HDMI-CEC settings, wifi network extender, or electromagnetic devices (stereo receiver, DECT cordless phone, microwave, baby monitor, refrigerator, LCD monitor, etc) causing interference? A network repeater may cause a mscro second delay.

If you have DECT or baby monitor, or other bluetooth devices, make sure their batteries are fresh and check their user manuals about changing channels. Speaking of channels, if you have an Android device, install the Google Play app, Wifi Analyzer and run it. Your wifi router may be on a congested channel. Try channel 1, 6 or 11. Not Auto setting.  Please keep in mind that resetting or making changes to your router settings may have unintended consequences. If you have questions or concerns, please consult your router manufacturer or Internet Service Provider before making any changes. See What router settings do I need to set up Chromecast?
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/Chromecast/ZGm4p8VcpAU

marked this as an answer
none of the conditions around the device have changed, everything is entirely the same as when it worked perfectly. there are many threads on many forums about the last update to the gen 1 chromecast essentially breaking it the same way it's function has been impaired for me. 
it used to be flawless and now it's every other video that's a stuttering stop start affair.
marked this as an answer
This exact issue has been happening to me within this last year.  Random videos will pause the audio then catch up while the video keeps playing.  Other videos play just fine.  I have a high bandwidth router so I know that is not an issue.  I am typically casting from my mobile device.
marked this as an answer
I am also having this issue exactly as described. Nothing has changed but the codec seems to struggle with keeping the audio in synch on videos that don't have a lot of movement. Other apps casting through the chrome cast do just fine.  

Is it possible to roll back firmware to a previous working version?!
marked this as an answer
Your situation describes mine pretty accurately. I was trying to figure out what the common thread is. When I cast youtube music to my gen 1 chromecast, it's horrible. It stops playing for about a half second, my receiver shows the signal is missing, and then it continues. When I use youtube app, videos play fine. So I thought maybe just "audio tracks" don't play right on it, which doesn't make sense, since an audio track should have less bandwidth requirements. Then i watched a lyric video. So the only thing changing on the screen is the text. Stutter city. !@#$%^ Pissing me off. 

AND I HAVE IT WIRED TO MY NETWORK with the chromecast ethernet adapter.
marked this as an answer
Yep, I have this same issue as well...it has been driving me nuts. I just recently realized it only happened on static or very low movement screens. It's infuriating.
marked this as an answer
This just started happening to me too a few weeks ago. Anyone know what might be causing it or how to fix/workaround? It's really annoying...
marked this as an answer
I was getting stuttering audio issues. If I used my TVs built in casting software there was no audio issue and the audio was fine literally five days ago. I tried all kinds of fixes. Hardwired the internet with an ethernet cable to the AC adapter, made sure the devices were close, turned off the setting to let others control my chromecast, and changed the video smoothness settings. What randomly ended up working for me for right now was turning on the setting to allow 50Hz HDMI.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chromecast/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic