Samsung Smart TV won't recognize Chromecast
- Are you using the Google Home app that replaced the Chromecast app?
- Are your Apple devices on current Minimum system requirement?
Turn on Bluetooth:
- On the home screen, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- Make sure the slider is On (toggled to the right and green).
- Close out of Settings and return to the Google Home app .
- Reboot your router
- Make sure you power the Chromecast device with the provided power supply into an open electrical outlet, not using a USB input on your TV or other device.
- Check your Apple Wifi settings
- Your Apple device, Chromecast device and Wi-Fi Router should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other.
- Reboot Google Home app on your Apple device > tap on Devices > tap the Cog Wheel > tap on the three stacked dots in the top right corner > tap Reboot
- See original post by Google employee about other settings.
- Make sure your wifi router, iOS device and Chromecast are on the SAME 2.4 Ghz network. Not 5 GHz or Auto setting required for Chromecast (1st Gen).
- If no resolve, contact Google support
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.