Control media that plays on Chromecast (Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in), Google Nest and Home speakers and displays directly from Google Media Controls.
To access Google Media Controls, your mobile device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi as your speaker or display, and Chromecast.
Note: The controls lists up to 4 casting devices. If you cast on more than 4 devices at once, you won't be able to access all of them.
Supported mobile devices
Google Media Controls is available on iOS devices running 10.0 or later. This feature is not available on Android devices.
Learn how to cast media control notifications using Android devices.
Use the controls
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap the controls.
- Use Pause , Play or Stop to control what's being played.
- Title of the content being cast.
- Name of the devices (all speakers and displays, and Chromecast) linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Media controls (Pause , Play and Stop ).