Control media that plays on Chromecast (Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in), Google Nest and Home speakers and displays directly from the Google Media Controls widget.
To access the Google Media Controls widget, your mobile device or tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi as your speaker or display, and Chromecast. Also, the widget shows all speakers and displays, and Chromecast that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Note: The widget displays up to four casting devices. If you cast on more than four devices at once, you won't be able to access all of them in the widget.
Supported mobile devices
The Google Media Controls widget is available on iOS devices running 10.0 or later. This feature is not available on Android devices.
Learn how to cast media control notifications using Android devices.
Use the widget
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Media .
- Use Pause , Play or Stop to control what's being played.
What's on the widget
- Title of the content being cast.
- Name of the devices (all speakers and displays, and Chromecast) linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Media controls (Pause , Play and Stop ).