Tired of searching under your tree for the Christmas lights and wall plug? With any Google Nest or Home speaker or display and a compatible smart plug, you can turn on your Christmas tree lights with just your voice!
What you need
- Any Google Home product
- Compatible smart plug
Step 1. Set up your device
Step 2. Set up a compatible smart plug
Set up the compatible smart plug.
Important: Name the smart plug "Christmas Tree” in the smart plug’s app.
Step 3. Connect your speaker or display to a compatible smart plug
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Add Set up device Works with Google.
- Tap the smart plug service, then follow the steps.
- When pairing is complete, tap Back Back to return to Home.
- In the home screen of the Google Home app, select your device.
- At the top right, tap Settings Name enter "Christmas Tree" Save.
Step 4. Plug your Christmas tree lights into a compatible smart plug
Step 5. Turn on or off your Christmas tree lights with your voice
To turn on your lights, say "Hey Google, turn on the Christmas tree."
To turn off your lights, say "Hey Google, turn off the Christmas tree."
Fix a problemCan't connect to the Wemo app
If you’re having trouble connecting to the Wemo app, turn off Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth.
From iPhone and iPad:
- Wi-Fi: Open Settings tap Wi-Fi turn off “Ask to join networks.”
- Bluetooth: Open Settings tap Bluetooth turn off Bluetooth.
The steps are different for different Android version numbers.
- Open Settings Security and Location Location Scanning turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning.
- Open Settings Location Menu Scanning turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning.
If you need help, call Wemo customer support at 1-800-223-5546.