Chromecast firmware versions
Current Preview Program firmware version
Chromecast (1st gen) — Firmware version 1.27.97379
Chromecast — Firmware version 1.27.96538
Chromecast Ultra — Firmware version 1.27.96538
Chromecast Audio — Firmware version 1.27.96538
Want to test drive the latest firmware version before it's released broadly? Join the Chromecast Preview Program.
Current production firmware version
Chromecast (1st gen) — Firmware version 1.26.92486
Chromecast — Firmware version 1.26.92486
Chromecast Ultra — Firmware version 1.26.92486
Chromecast Audio — Firmware version 1.26.94126
Cast for Android TV — Firmware version 1.26.93139
How to check your firmware version
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- From your mobile device, open the Google Home app .
- Tap DEVICES to see your available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast you'd like to find the firmware version for.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and look for Cast firmware version: X.XXX.XXXXX.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.