To make sure that you don’t miss a moment of casting your favourite content, we’ll notify you when a nearby Chromecast device is ready to be set up.
- This functionality is only available on Android devices. It is not available on iOS devices.
- An Android device must be Android 6.0 or later.
- This functionality is available on Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast Audio devices. It is not available on Chromecast (1st gen) devices.
Use Nearby to find Chromecast devices
- Turn on Location Services on your Android device. This is required for your Android device to discover nearby Chromecast devices.
- Turn on notifications for Google Home app. Go to your device's Settings Notification Setting Enable.
Note: These steps may vary per device.
- Power on your Chromecast device.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Android device.
- If there is a nearby Chromecast device that hasn’t been set up, you’ll see a Chromecast setup notification pop-up on your Android device.
- To begin setting up your Chromecast device, tap Set up a nearby Chromecast device.
- Note: If you already have the Google Home app downloaded on your Android device, the Google Home app will open. Tap Set up 1 device follow the prompts to set up your device.
- If you don’t already have the Google Home app downloaded on your Android device, the Play Store app will open and you can download the Google Home app.
To turn off these notifications, read this article on how to turn off Nearby discoveries.