To make sure you don’t miss a moment of casting your favorite content, we’ll notify you when a nearby Chromecast device is ready to be set up.
- This functionality is only available on Android devices. It is not available on iOS devices.
- An Android device must be Android 9.0 or later.
- This functionality is available on Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, and Chromecast Audio devices. It is not available on Chromecast (1st gen) devices.
Use Nearby to find Chromecast devices
- Turn on Location Services on your Android device. This is required in order for your Android device to discover nearby Chromecast devices.
- Turn on notifications for Google Home app. Go to your device's Settings Notification Setting Enable.
Note: These steps may vary per device.
- Power on your Chromecast device.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Android device.
- If there is a nearby Chromecast device that hasn’t been set up, you’ll see a Chromecast setup notification pop up on your Android device.
- To begin setting up your Chromecast device, tap Set up a nearby Chromecast device.
- Note: If you already have the Google Home app downloaded on your Android device, the Google Home app will open. Tap Set up 1 device follow the prompts to set up your device.
- If you don’t already have the Google Home app downloaded on your Android device, the Play Store app will open and you can download the Google Home app.