Rebooting your Chromecast device may fix several issues. There are two ways to reboot your Chromecast device:
From the Google Home app
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your Chromecast device.
- At the top right corner, tap Settings More settings Reboot.
From the power source
- Unplug the power cord from the Chromecast device.
- Leave it unplugged for 1 minute.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Note: Unplugging the Chromecast from the TV’s HDMI port does not reboot the device. It must be disconnected from the power source in order to reboot.