How to use 50Hz mode
Your Chromecast is designed to pick the best mode supported by the TV and typically the TV will adjust the mode based on the stream. However, if you’re seeing jitter or stutter issues when viewing certain sports content that is encoded for 50Hz (typically in Europe and Asia), the following steps will force your TV into 50Hz mode and will likely correct the issue.
Note: This is an advanced option and may not be applicable for most users.
Set up 50Hz mode
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- In the upper right corner of the app's Home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast you'd like to use with 50Hz mode.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu > Settings.
- Tap the box next to Use 50Hz HDMI mode - Sets TV to 50Hz mode (if available). A check will appear in the box. This means 50Hz HDMI mode is turned on.
- To turn 50HZ mode off, tap the box again.