Your Chromecast is designed to pick the best mode supported by the TV and typically the TV will adjust the mode based on the stream. However, if you’re seeing jitter or stutter issues when viewing certain sports content that is encoded for 50 Hz (typically in Europe and Asia), the following steps will force your TV into 50 Hz mode and will likely correct the issue.
Note: This is an advanced option and may not be applicable for most users.
Set up 50 Hz mode
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your Chromecast.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile.
- At the top right, tap Settings Video.
- Turn on Use 50 Hz HDMI mode .