[How to] Use 50Hz mode
Your Chromecast is designed to pick the best mode supported by the TV and typically the TV will adjust the mode based on the stream. However, if you’re seeing jitter or stutter issues when viewing certain sports content that is encoded for 50Hz (typically in Europe and Asia), the following steps will force your TV into 50Hz mode and will likely correct the issue.
Note: This is an advanced option and may not be applicable for most users.
Set up 50Hz mode
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the homepage, tap on the device you want to change the settings of.
- Tap Settings found at the top right corner of the screen
- Scroll down, under Devices you'll see Use 50Hz HDMI Mode.
- Move the slider to the right to turn it on.