Chromecast Audio is not listed or not set up
If you're not seeing your Chromecast Audio during the first step of setup, please:
- For Android users on 6.0 or higher, make sure Location Services is enabled. It needs to be on in order for Chromecast to locate your Chromecast Audio device.
- For iOS users, turn on Bluetooth to help improve the setup process.
- Ensure your Chromecast Audio is tightly plugged into a wall socket and the audio cable is tightly plugged into your Chromecast Audio.
- Check the LED status to see if your Chromecast Audio needs to be set up again or is currently receiving an update.
After you've verified the above and your Chromecast Audio still isn't working, try these simple troubleshooting steps:
- Close and reopen the Google Home app.
- Reboot the Chromecast Audio device
- Unplug the power cord from the Chromecast Audio device. Leave it unplugged for ~1 minute before plugging the power cord back in.
- Try using another supported device (mobile device, tablet, laptop)to set up the Chromecast Audio device.
- Perform a factory data reset (FDR)