Your Android device and your Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speakers will establish a direct connection when you cast your audio.
For optimal performance when casting your Android audio, follow the steps below:Step 1. Make sure your Android device and Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speakers are both connected to the same wireless network name (SSID)
- If connected via Wi-Fi, please check that the network name displayed in your Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speaker settings is the same as the network your Android device is connected to.
- AP isolation: Your Wi-Fi network configuration could prevent devices from communicating with Chromecast Audio or speaker with Chromecast built-in speaker. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. Please refer to your router documentation to learn how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings, or if you are attempting to connect through a guest, hotel or public network with AP/client isolation, you will be unable to set up your Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speaker.
Stuttering or poor quality
If you are experiencing stuttering or poor quality, when casting your Android audio, follow the steps below:Make sure that your Android device, Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speaker and router are near one another
- The Android device and Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speaker should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. The Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speaker should be ~15 feet (4 meters) away from the router, or less.
- Both your Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speaker and Android device should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network channel, either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
- All devices running Android 4.4.2 or higher support the Cast Audio feature. However, these Android devices have been tested to work best for Android Audio casting. Other Android devices may not have the necessary power to provide an optimized Audio casting experience.
If you are experiencing low volume when casting your Android audio, follow the steps below:Change the volume setting from the Google Home app
- Download the Google Home app (if not already installed).
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your device, and then adjust the volume.