Cast usage data and crash reports
Google may collect system activity, crash reports, and usage data (details about how you use the casting functionality of your Cast device, including the apps and domains you cast).
You can control Google's collection of crash reports and usage data through a device setting, which is enabled by default.
- For Chromecast Audio, you can manage this setting through the device settings menu of the Google Home setup app.
- For Android TVs, you can manage this setting through the Chromecast settings in the Android TV settings menu.
- For Chromecast built-in audio devices, you can manage this setting in the device’s utility application settings.
Perform a factory reset
From the Google Home app
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your Chromecast device Settings .
- At the top right, tap More Factory reset Factory reset.
From the Chromecast Audio device
While the Chromecast Audio is plugged in, hold down the button on the side of the Chromecast Audio. The LED will begin blinking orange. When the LED light turns white, release the button and the Chromecast Audio will begin the reboot sequence.
Cast from apps and websites
When you cast content to your device with Chromecast built-in, the application or website that you are using will have its own logging practices and policies with regard to user data. A unique identifier for your devices with Chromecast built-in may be sent to the operator of that app or website for purposes of digital rights management (DRM). To learn more, please reference the privacy policies of the apps or websites you are using.