Missing the Cast button?
Can't find the Cast button in the Chrome toolbar? Don’t worry, it’s not gone for good! Here are a few troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the Chrome browser is up to date.
- Make sure your laptop/computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- The Cast button is in the overflow area. If you have multiple extensions on your browser, the Cast button may be shown in the button overflow area. Expand the extension button area by clicking the Chrome Settings menu in the upper-right hand corner of your browser to see if you can locate the Cast button there. Note: You can restore the Cast button to your toolbar by right-clicking on the button and clicking Keep in Toolbar.
- The Cast button disappeared after resetting Chrome settings. You may have seen a prompt in Chrome asking you to reset their browser settings to factory default. Clicking Reset makes the Cast button disappear. Restore the Cast button by pinning the Cast button to your Chrome toolbar.
- The Cast button was removed. Restore the Cast button by pinning the Cast button to your Chrome toolbar.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.