Cast audio from Chromecast-enabled apps to speakers
Many Chromecast-enabled apps support casting to your Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speakers. There is something for everyone — streaming music, radio stations, podcasts and local content playback.
Discover Chromecast-enabled apps that work with your audio device, including: Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn Radio, Deezer, Rhapsody, Napster, NPROne, BeyondPod, and more. Let's get casting!Before you begin casting
- Your mobile device, tablet, or computer must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to work. The device must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast Audio or speakers with Chromecast built-in. Note: To allow guests to cast without being on your Wi-Fi network, please read How to set up guest mode.
- You must be running the latest version of the Chromecast-enabled app. You can always double check that you are on the latest version by visiting the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and checking for any app updates.
To cast to your audio device from your mobile device or tablet:
- Open a Chromecast-enabled app.
- In the top right corner, tap the Cast button .
- Choose your speaker. The Cast button will turn color , letting you know you're connected.
- Once you are connected, you can cast music, radio stations, and podcasts directly to your audio device.
There’s a lot of great content to enjoy from your favorite Chromecast-enabled apps. You don’t want you to miss a single hit tune or podcast.
Within the Google Home app, tap the Discover tab to browse content and find new stuff that’s available on your Chromecast-enabled apps you haven’t installed yet. Here’s more on how to discover new content. You can also visit our website to see a full list of all Chromecast-enabled apps and available content.
To avoid auto-switching, Android users can go to the device's Wi-Fi settings and Forget 'Network B' to ensure that the Android device is connected to the same 'Network A' as the Chromecast Audio or Chromecast built-in speakers.
If you're having trouble with a Chromecast-enabled app, please try our Chromecast Audio Troubleshooting tips.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited streaming membership required. More information at www.netflix.com.