Improve your Android screen casting experience
Your Android device and your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in will establish a direct connection when you cast your screen.
For optimal performance when casting your Android screen, follow these steps,
1. Make sure your Android device and Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in are both connected to the same wireless network name (SSID)
- If connected via Wi-Fi, please check that the network name displayed on your TV is the same as the network your Android device is currently connected to.
- AP isolation: Your Wi-Fi network configuration could prevent devices from communicating with Chromecast. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. Please refer to your router documentation to learn how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings, or if you are attempting to connect through a guest, hotel or public network with AP/client isolation, you will be unable to set up your Chromecast.
Stuttering or poor qualityIf you are experiencing stuttering or poor quality when casting your Android screen, follow the steps below:
- The Android device and Chromecast device should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. The Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in should be ~15 feet (4 meters) away from the router, or less.
- Make sure both your Chromecast device and Android device are both connected to the same Wi-fi network channel, either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
- All devices running Android 4.4.2 or higher support the Cast screen feature. However, these Android devices have been tested to work best for Android screen casting. Other Android devices may not have the necessary power to provide an optimized screen casting experience.
If you are experiencing low volume when casting your Android screen, change the volume setting from the Google Home app:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in that is currently casting content.
- Tap the Volume button on the device card.
- Move the slider to the right to increase the volume.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.