Your Android device and your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in will establish a direct connection when you cast your screen.
For optimal performance when you cast your Android screen, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Android device and Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in are both connected to the same wireless network name (SSID).
- If connected via Wi-Fi, check that the network name displayed on your TV is the same as the network your Android device is currently connected to.
- Make sure your Android device and Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in are both connected to a Wi-Fi network with AP isolation disabled.
- AP isolation: Your Wi-Fi network configuration could prevent devices from communicating with Chromecast. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. You can refer to your router documentation to learn how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings, or if you are attempting to connect through a guest, hotel or public network with AP or client isolation, you'll be unable to set up your Chromecast.
Stuttering or poor qualityIf you experience stuttering or poor quality when you cast your Android screen, follow the steps below:
- The Android device and Chromecast device should be within 15 feet (4 meters) of each other. The Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in should be 15 feet (4 meters) away from the router, or less.
- Make sure both your Chromecast device and Android device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network channel, either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- All devices running Android 5.0 or later support the Cast screen feature. However, these Android devices have been tested to work best for Android screen casting. Other Android devices may not have the necessary power to provide an optimized screen casting experience.
If you experience low volume when you cast your Android screen, change the volume setting from the Google Home app:
- Download the Google Home app (if not already installed).
- Open the Google Home app .
- To adjust the volume, tap Media .