Having trouble setting up Chromecast?
Before you begin, see our router compatibility list to ensure your router is configured correctly to work with Chromecast.
If you're having trouble setting up your Chromecast, please:Disable Access Point/AP isolation, also known as Client isolation or guest mode, on your router
- Your Wi-Fi network configuration prevents devices from communicating with Chromecast. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. Please refer to your router documentation to learn how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings, or if you are attempting to connect through a guest, hotel or public network with AP/client isolation, you will be unable to set up your Chromecast.
- If you are attempting to connect through a Wi-Fi extender, please check your extender settings. You will need to disable AP isolation on your Wi-Fi extender before setting up Chromecast to work with your Wi-Fi network.
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), also known as multicast, allows for the discovery of UPnP enabled devices on the same Wi-Fi network.
- You will need to enable UPnP in your router settings. Please refer to your router manufacturer's documentation to learn how to enable UPnP on your router.
- To use the Chromecast app on your Windows 7 or 8 computer you must have the .NET 3.5 framework installed on your computer.
- For instructions on how to enable .NET 3.5 on your Windows 7 computer please visit this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/turn-windows-features-on-or-off
- For instructions on how to enable .NET 3.5 on your Windows 8 computer please visit this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443.aspx
- Please note: When you click the links above, you will be leaving this Google site. Google is not responsible for the content on those sites.
Still need help? Check out the related questions below from our help forum. Note: Help is currently in English only.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.
Was this article helpful?