If you can cast a tab and the page shows on your TV but the video and/or audio isn't playing, this is typically caused by the use of native plug-ins, such as Silverlight or Quicktime, which are not supported.
If you're not using Silverlight or Quicktime, try the below troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:
- Confirm Chromecast is powered on and TV is on the right input.
- Confirm that the device you're using with Chromecast is not muted (ie: TV, mobile device, etc).
- Are you using Chromecast with an HDMI adapter (to DVI or VGA)? If so, this setup is NOT officially supported and may be preventing audio from outputting correctly.
- Try a different HDMI input.
- Try a different HDMI device on the same HDMI input and see if audio outputs.