Cast from Chrome: CPU & GPU
Knowing your exact CPU and GPU is helpful when assessing whether or not your computer meets minimum system requirements for Cast, or when you are submitting feedback about your Cast experience. To verify your CPU and GPU:
Windows (Vista, 7, and 8):
- Open the system information page based on the specific version of Windows you are running:
- Windows Vista: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System.
- Windows 7: Navigate to Start > Computer > System Properties.
- Windows 8: Navigate to Control Panel > System and Security > System. You can open control panel by pressing the Windows Key + X on the desktop, and choosing Control Panel.
- Processor (CPU) information is shown in the line underneath the main system rating.
- GPU information can be obtained by clicking on 'Windows Experience Index', then 'View and print', and looking at the line labelled 'Graphics'.
Mac OS X
- Navigate from the Apple logo in the menu bar to About this Mac > More Info
- The Processor and Graphics lines respectively indicate your CPU and GPU.
- The Minimum System Requirements article lists the Chrome OS devices that are supported. CPU/GPU information for Chrome OS devices is not required.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.