Casting a tab
Ready to use Chromecast with Chrome? Casting a tab is just a click away!To start casting a tab from your Chrome browser
- Open the tab you want to project to your TV.
- In the top right corner of your Chrome browser, click the Cast icon .
- Choose the Chromecast device you want to cast the tab
- When active, the Cast icon will turn blue .
- Enjoy your entertainment!
The Cast icon will turn blue when it’s active. You'll also see a glow around the icon of the tab being cast.
- Switch to other tabs and/or applications while casting using the Alt-Tab (Mac: Command-Tab) keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the status area of the current casting to return to the original tab.
- Mute what’s casting to your TV by clicking the mute button. Note: This is distinct from your TV's mute function. You need to unmute from Chrome to hear sound on your TV.
- Click the Stop button or close the tab to stop casting.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.