Casting a tab
Why watch you favorite entertainment or browse the internet on your desktop when you can enjoy it on big screen? By casting a Chrome browser tab, you can mirror what's displaying on your computer screen onto the TV. To get started, please be sure you're fully set up to use Chromecast with Chrome.To start casting a tab from your Chrome browser
- Open the tab you want to project to your TV.
- In the top right corner of your Chrome browser, click the Cast icon .
- Choose the Chromecast device you want to cast the tab
- When active, the Cast icon will turn blue .
- Enjoy your entertainment!
The Cast icon will turn blue when it’s active. You'll also see a glow around the icon of the tab being cast.
- Switch to other tabs and/or applications while casting using the Alt-Tab (Mac: Command-Tab) keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the status area of the current casting to return to the original tab.
- Mute what’s casting to your TV by clicking the mute button. Note: This is distinct from your TV's mute function. You need to unmute from Chrome to hear sound on your TV.
- Click the Stop button or close the tab to stop casting.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.